Five Guys Community Event with Red Deer Arts Council
Join us on February 18, 2017 from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm at Red Deer Five Guys, 101-20130 50 Avenue, Red Deer.
Five Guys will donate 20% of your purchase to the Red Deer Arts Council when you present this coupon ( available from the Arts Council)
or identify yourself as part of Red Deer Arts Council at time of purchase in order for your transaction to count!
Open to all Members and Non-Members alike.
Share this with everyone you know who loves great burgers, dogs and fries, etc. A great little fundraiser for the Arts Council for the cost of a few burgers and fries, your choice of course!
Red Deer Arts Council Annual General Meeting and “Where’s My Tribe?” Event
Details of The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The Red Deer Arts Council will be on this site in the middle of February to give you time to mark it in your calendars.
Immediately following the AGM, we will host a “Where’s My Tribe?” social – details coming soon.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
January 31, 2017
We are still looking for more board members to fill the board to a maximum of 12 members. Our bylaws allow us to work with as little as 6, but we do so much better with a full board. Please think about coming on for the 2017 to 2019 terms.
Experience the arts from the inside track!
The Red Deer Arts Council is seeking enthusiastic board and committee volunteers to lead our organization in making Red Deer a dynamic community that celebrates the arts.
The Arts Council promotes and advocates for artists and arts & culture organizations in Red Deer, encouraging and facilitating new networks and professional development to make the arts community stronger and more visible. Board Directors set the course for the organization and work with staff and the arts and business communities to achieve our goals.
We are looking for a variety of skilled individuals to join the team! We are specifically seeking individuals with knowledge of or experience in writing policy, communications, fundraising, and committee or organizational leadership. An interest in the arts and culture scene in Red Deer is a decided asset.
How will you benefit?
- Enhance key leadership skills and build your resume.
- Make a meaningful difference in your community and the lives of people impacted by the arts in its various forms.
- Apply your experience in a community context.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Work with a respected organization.
Give us a little bit of information about you: Board Member Application Form Arts Council Feb 2016
This tells a bit more about who we are looking for!
Seeking enthusiastic board and committee volunteers!
Directors are nominated for two-year terms and may serve three consecutive terms. They are expected to attend monthly board meetings and liaise with one committee. Further volunteer activity, such as fundraising or volunteer appreciation, may bring the total volunteer commitment to an average of ten to fifteen hours per month.
Committee members are asked for a minimum one-year commitment. Duties vary substantially by committee. Meetings may range from three to twelve per year, and duties may include organizing regular events. For a complete list of available positions, visit the website or call the office (see below).
Director Qualifications and/or Skills Required
- Proven leadership, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to motivate and lead volunteers
- Comfortable with networking
- Board, executive and non-profit experience an asset
- No artistic skills required, but a strong interest in Red Deer’s arts and culture scene is essential
We are specifically seeking individuals with knowledge of or experience in writing policy, communications, fundraising, and committee or organizational leadership.
- Enhance key leadership skills and build your resume
- Make a meaningful difference in your community and the lives of people impacted by the arts in its various forms
- Meet new people and make new friends in the arts community
- Work with a respected organization
Nominations will take place at the Annual General Meeting:
Monday, March 21st, 2016, at 6:30 pm in the Snell Auditorium, downtown branch of the Red Deer Public Library, 4818 49 Street, Red Deer, Alberta.
Organization: Red Deer Arts Council Contact Person: Diana Anderson, Coordinator and Scott Barnabé, Chair Phone Number: 403-338-2787 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
At our AGM on March 21st, we presented our Strategic Plan to the members. We had two facilitators who led us on this path. Thanks to Wendy Meeres and Carl Hahn, our communications chair. This is the result of our sessions.
RDAC: why we exist and what we do
Operations (board and staff responsible)
- Maintain bylaws and policies
- Provide long-term planning and direction
- Create committees and terms of reference
- Provide direction and approval for committees
- Acquire funding
- Maintain and equip office
- Maintain staff
- Recruit, train and retain volunteers.
- Approve services and programs
- Maintain communications about Red Deer Arts Council (newsletter, website, social media, advertising)
- Market Red Deer Arts Council
- Attract and maintain membership
- Keep books
- Report to government and funders
- Meet monthly
Services (committees, board, staff and volunteers responsible)
- Promote and advocate for artists, arts or culture organizations, and the value of arts and culture in Red Deer and area.
- Promote through all forms of media the value and benefits of a strong arts and culture presence in a community.
- Lobby government at all levels to raise priority of support for arts and culture groups, events and endeavours.
- Lobby business and community organizations for support of arts and culture groups, events and endeavours.
- Promote member artists and arts and culture organizations.
- Promote arts- or culture-related events and endeavours in the community.
- Promote, encourage and facilitate networking and cooperation between artists, arts or culture organizations, government, business, educational institutions and the community.
- Organize networking events.
- Publish directories of artists and arts or culture organizations.
- Facilitate partnerships between arts or culture organizations and government, business, educational institutions and community organizations.
- Offer services, programs and awards that develop artistic excellence and support arts activities.
- Financially support, jury and award financial awards and scholarships.
- Manage galleries, events or publications that exhibit art of all forms.
- Provide courses, workshops, mentorship programs or other educational programs about art or related to art.
We would like to thank Border Paving for their donation to the council. We truly appreciate your support of the arts.
The Muskoka Chairs Fundraiser held at Artwalk Festival on June 18, 2011 was a joint fundraiser between RDAC and Artwalk. Unfortunately, rain fell by the bucket load and the Artwalk Committee were forced to close it down by 3:00 pm. They apologized for any inconvenience this caused potential bidders. All the Muskoka Chairs went to good homes. Perhaps one of them showed up in your neighbourhood!